Monday, July 18, 2011

A few days in DC

     Last week, I spent a few days in Washington DC, mostly for work, but I had a little time for sightseeing.  I was able to see the memorial for the victims of the plane crash at the Pentagon, which was very moving.  Probably the best part though, was renting a bike, (they have bike rental stands every few blocks) and following a trail along the Potomac River.  It had really great views along the way:




I followed the trail until a really busy area, where I randomly turned and ended up in the Georgetown area...which led to...

DC Cupcakes!  A show on TLC - the bakery is actually called Georgetown cupcakes.  So I have randomly flipped through the channels and watched parts of this show before, but it was neat to be there, so I stopped for a cupcake, which unfortunately melted on the 1.5 hour bike ride back to the hotel, or I would post a picture. 
I was also there over Bastille Day, where I discovered the bakery Paul, and had pain au chocolat, caneles and gauffres, which I had not tasted since France.  Afterwards, there was a small farmer's market around the corner.  They had the best blackberries I had ever tasted.  I tried to take a picture, but it came out a bit blurry.

Up next is the true story of why I have wolf scratches on the left side of my body, stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment